Home / Politics / “Wagner Landmines” continue to claim the lives of Tripoli’s children, the last of whom is “Abdul-Muhaimin”.

“Wagner Landmines” continue to claim the lives of Tripoli’s children, the last of whom is “Abdul-Muhaimin”.

The people of Tripoli are still paying the price for the lost adventure led by Haftar, in his failed attempt to seize the seat of power in the country in April 2019, as a result of the mines planted by his militias and mercenaries.

The Ambulance and Emergency Service announced Thursday, the killing of the 14-year-old Abdul-Muhaimin Aqeel, and the wounding of three others, including two children, after a mine exploded in the “Arbaa Shwaraa Aliwa” area in the municipality of Ain Zara.

The two “10-year-old” children were injured by shrapnel in the head, and they were taken to Tripoli Central Hospital for treatment

This is not the first time that the lives of Tripoli’s children have been lost from “Wagner” mines. Last November, the 7-year-old “Ali Omar Al-Bahil” was killed, and another child was injured in a mine explosion in Wadi al-Rabi`, south of Tripoli, and the two children, “Abdul-Rahim Ali al-Shamah, 7 And “Muhammad Muammar al-Shammah” 8 years old, were killed last December, after a mine exploded on their farm in Wadi al-Rabi ‘.

3 children, including two children from the same family, were injured after the explosion of a mine in the Al-Khilah area, south of Tripoli, which was planted by mercenaries before their withdrawal with Haftar’s militias last July.

The spokesman for the Secretary-General of the United Nations, “Stephane Dujarric”, said in a press conference last July that 52 people were killed and 96 others were injured by mines and explosives, after they returned to their homes in southern Tripoli.

Last September, military engineering teams disposed of 10 tons of mines that they collected from the neighborhoods of Salah al-Din, Ain Zara, Al-Mashrou ‘and Wadi al-Rabi’.

The Libyan Center for Mine and War Remnants Removal announced last February that the second batch of 7 tons of war remnants had been detonated, out of a total of 20 tons collected from the south of Tripoli.

It is worth noting that the total casualties of the mines planted by Haftar’s militia south of Tripoli and in Sirte are more than 60 dead and more than 107 wounded, most of them civilians.

Leave your vote

Check Also

Al-Jazawi: There is a tendency to adopt the parliament election law in the next session

Member of Parliament Saad Al-Jazwi said, in a statement to Arraed, that there is a …

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.