Home / Politics / “The New York Times”: The US Justice Department will press charges against a Libyan explosives expert in the “Lockerbie” case.

“The New York Times”: The US Justice Department will press charges against a Libyan explosives expert in the “Lockerbie” case.

The New York Times revealed that the US Department of Justice headed by Attorney General William Barr is intending to file criminal charges against another Libyan suspect in the Lockerbie incident named Abo Ajila Masoud, an explosives expert, coinciding with the 32 anniversary of the accident.

The News Paper said, according to its own sources, on Wednesday, that “Masoud” whereabouts is currently unknown and that he had previously been imprisoned in Libya; For committing crimes unrelated to the incident, according to the Russian agency, “Sputnik”.

It is worth noting that the Gaddafi regime paid in 2003 financial compensation worth 2.7 billion dollars to the victims of the American “Panam” plane that crashed over the Scottish village of Lockerbie on December 21, 1988, leaving 270 dead after accusing Libyans of involvement in the bombing.

Leave your vote

Check Also

The Washington Post: Wagner booby traps a “fatal legacy” in Tripoli homes.

The Washington Post said Sunday that the Russian “Wagner” mercenaries left behind booby trapped homes, …

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.