The Ministry of Justice refused to accept the jurisdiction of any other judiciary to try Saif Gaddafi or any Libyan citizen, whatever his political orientation, affirming its adherence and exclusive right to prosecute its citizens for the charges against them before the Libyan judiciary .
The ministry said in a statement on Saturday that the Libyan judiciary has not exhausted his mandate on the case of Saif Gaddafi and it does not accept in any way to get away with any punishment or to try to adapt laws to get them out of their content, according to the statement.
The Justice Ministry said that its presence before the International Criminal Court was compulsory and in compliance with Security Council resolution 1970 and did not depart from the basic principles of pride in the national judiciary and its belief in its ability to meet the challenges of the stage, according to the statement.
The ministry added that defense lawyers for Saif Gaddafi tried to take out law No. 6 of 2015 on the general amnesty for its content, and cover up its provisions to stop the prosecution of him without meeting the requirements stipulated in this law to grant amnesty. It is worth noting that the Ministry of Justice had previously contested the international judiciary in the case of Mr. Abdullah Snoussi, and was able to come out with acknowledgment from the International Criminal Court on the ability of the Libyan judiciary to conduct a fair trial