Home / Politics / Oglu: Haftar’s withdrawal from Sirte and Al-Jufra is a condition for the GNA to accept the truce

Oglu: Haftar’s withdrawal from Sirte and Al-Jufra is a condition for the GNA to accept the truce

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoglu said on Sunday that the reconciliation government does not accept a ceasefire in Libya unless Haftar militias withdraw from Sirte and Al-Jufra and return to the Skhirat agreement line.

Oglu added, in statements to the British newspaper “The Financial Times”, that the escalation of tension may lead to a direct conflict between the parties supporting the various parties in Libya, and the danger posed by the clashes that turned into a proxy war, adding that his country does not support any increase in tension or any war In the area.

Oglu explained that an investigation had been opened about the bombing of the Al-wittiya base, vowing that those responsible for the bombing would be held accountable for their actions, noting that the Turkish technicians there were not harmed by the bombing.

Oglu stated that in June, during a delegation’s visit to Istanbul, Russia made a concrete offer on the armistice, which includes a specific date and hour for the armistice in Libya.

Oglu indicated that the issue is now depends on other parties, and they must accept these preconditions for a sustainable ceasefire.

It is worth noting that the Government of National Accord confirmed, in June, that it required the withdrawal of Haftar forces from Sirte and Al-Jufra to reach a ceasefire.

Check Also

Germany: The verdict against the journalist at Aboziriba is a flagrant violation of the principles of the rule of law.

The German Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights and Humanitarian Relief Policy, Purple Kofler, said …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *