Home / Politics / Libyan Attorney General office: Libyans accused of killing Italians will be tried in Libya

Libyan Attorney General office: Libyans accused of killing Italians will be tried in Libya

The Head of the Investigations Bureau of the Attorney General Office in Tripoli, Al-Siddiq Al-Sour said on Saturday the case of Libyans accused of kidnapping and killing Italians is looked at by the Public Prosecution office, and is submitted to the Libyan court.

Al-Sour told ArraedLG, the bureau has “evidence of the involvement of the three defendants in the crime,” pointing to communication between the investigations department of the Attorney General’s Office in Libya with his Italian counterpart on the circumstances of the case.

The Head of the Investigations Bureau of the Attorney General Office said the Italian authorities had requested interviewing the suspects, stressing that they are in Libya and will be tried there.

 

Italian media reported on Saturday that three Libyans had been arrested by Italian authorities for the kidnapping of four technicians, and killing two of them, from the Italian construction company Bonatti in Sabrata.

Check Also

Chavushoglu: France was irritated when Haftar failed to control all of Libya.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said, Wednesday, that France was annoyed when Haftar failed to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *