A former member of the transitional council, Abdul Razzaq Al-Aradi, asked the Ministry of Finance in Al-Wefaq government and the Customs Authority to clarify what the Egyptian channel Al-Balad claimed that Libyan Customs officials and ship’s passengers concluded that Al-Aradi and another person had shipped the container of arms and ammunition coming from Turkey to the port of Al-Khums.
Al-Aradi denied the allegations, describing them as fabrications and debauchery in the rivalry aimed at provoking the media.
On his official page of Saturday, Al-Aradi said that he will submit a report to the Attorney-General on what the Egyptian journalist Mustafa Bakri published of fabricated news on the channel. “The Libyan journalist Mahmoud Al-Misrati received it and posted it on his Facebook page without questioning the journalist’s professional bases. He is required to contact all those mentioned in the fabricated news, including the Libyan Customs Authority.”
Al-Aradi said he will not take the right legal decisions against the fabricated news by the media and the Libyan journalist, pointing out that the re-publication of false news is punishable by the laws of many countries such as Egypt, Jordan, and Tunisia.
The President of the Presidential Council Faiz Al-Sarraj and Turkish Foreign Minister Mouloud Oglu agreed last week to open an urgent and joint investigation to discuss the circumstances of the shipment of arms coming from Turkey seized at Al-Khums port.